link to Home Page

Re: Planet X/12th Planet Distance at Present

Article: <6glv9b$11d@sjx-ixn6.ix.netcom.com>
Subject: Re: Planet X/12th Planet Distance at Present
Date: 10 Apr 1998 20:26:19 GMT

In article <6giqqq$qeg$1@news.ccit.arizona.edu> Jim Scotti writes:
>> The long elliptical orbit stands in contradiction to human
>> gravitational theories, which has the gravitational tug rapidly
>> diminishing with distance.
>
> 400 years of observation and calculation has shown that gravity
> and elliptical orbits (along with parabolic and hyperbolic orbits)
> go hand in hand (the detailed derivation of such can be found in
> any Celestial Mechanics textbook such as Danby's "Fundementals
> of Celestial Mechanics"  We've accurately predicted the last 4
> returns of comet Halley and hundreds of its short-period comet
> cousins along with all the planets, asteroids, and most recently
> have sent manmade spacecraft to the moon and planets using
> exactly this theory of gravity.

(Begin ZetaTalk[TM])
You are replacing an EXPLANATION with a DESCRIPTION!  We've made this
statement perhaps hundreds of times on this Usenet.  Your posture is no
different from a 2 year old stating the Earth is flat and the Sun
revolves around it because he observes this and can predict this will
be the case the next day, or when he walks to the horizon and still
sees the horizon flat before him!  Would you allow this to stand?
You'd say, in a superior and smug way, that he would have to place his
childish theories up against what YOU have observed, and RECONCILE
them.  Well, we're asking little Jim to do the same.  See our companion
post where our emissary, Nancy, has reported two of the three
contradictions you have NOT addressed.
(End ZetaTalk[TM])

In article <6giqqq$qeg$1@news.ccit.arizona.edu> Jim Scotti writes:
>> Likewise perturbations by other planets do not explain why the
>> comet leaves off where it does, and even such a well known
>> comet as Haley's regularly leaves off from the same spot in spite
>> of vastly different planetary alignments each time.
>
> We've successfully predicted the return of Halley's comet since Sir
> Edmund Halley himself predicted the 1758 return.

(Begin ZetaTalk[TM])
Ditto.  See above.  The 2 year old with the flat Earth theory, the
Earth the center of the Universe theory, could point to some 700
repeated occurences.  Does that make him right?  Does his theory and
observations line up with other known facts?
(End ZetaTalk[TM])